Which Flooring Fits Your Lifestyle
You're ready to take the plunge and make a major upgrade in your home. Changing out your flooring can have a dramatic impact on your home. it's a big task to take on. We believe in you though. Now that you've made the decision to update your floors, you're faced with the first of many tough decisions.
What type of flooring should you use?
We're going to dive into the pros and cons of each type of flooring so you can make an educated decision.
1. Carpet: This flooring can create a wonderful warmth in the cold months. It can also absorb sound creating a quiet place. This flooring can stain very easy and can be expensive to maintain. Less expensive options tend to wear out quickly in high traffic areas.
2. Hardwood: This is an extremely durable choice, with the option to sand and refinish to maintain the lifetime of the flooring. Easy to clean too. This is one of the more expensive options and is more difficult to install than other options.
3. Engineered Wood: This can be installed relatively easy and is more resistant to moisture than hardwood. This does not last as long as hardwood and the quality can vary greatly depending on the brand.
4. Bamboo: This flooring is easy to install and is hypoallergenic. It's very durable, but the color can fade over time. It's also susceptible to water damage.
5. Cork: A flooring that is both durable and stain resistant. This is typically more expensive and can absorb water if improperly finished.
If you're still unsure which flooring option is best for you, just come see us at Santee Hardware and we'll help you figure it out.